USA beat Mexico 2-1 in the 2007 final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Mexico took the lead in 44th minute when Guardado scored but two second half goals by Donovan (62nd minute penalty) and Hamburg midfielder Feihaber (73rd minute) secured the victory for USA. 60,000 attended the final that was played at Soldier Field in Chicago.
Los Angeles Galaxy’s Honduran striker Carlos Pavón was the tournaments top scorer with 5 goals. Four of Pavón’s goals came in the 5-0 win over Cuba.
USA have now won three of the previous four tournaments.
USA’s squad for the tournament included these players:
- Everton (England): Tim Howard
- Fulham (England): Carlos Bocanegra, Clint Dempsey
- Sheffield Wednesday (England): Frank Simek
- Watford (England): Jay DeMerit
- West Ham United (England): Jonathan Spector
- Standard Liege (Belgium): Oguchi Onyewu
- PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands): DaMarcus Beasley
- SC Heerenveen (Netherlands): Michael Bradley
- Borussia Moenchengladbach (Germany): Kasey Keller
- Hamburg SV (Germany): Benny Feilhaber
- Chicago Fire (USA): Justin Mapp
- Chivas (USA): Brad Guzan, Jonathan Bornstein
- Colorado Rapids (USA): Pablo Mastroeni
- Columbus Crew (USA): Frankie Hejduk
- Houston Dynamo (USA): Ricardo Clark
- Kansas City Wizards (USA): Eddie Johnson
- Los Angeles Galaxy (USA): Landon Donovan
- New England Revolution (USA): Taylor Twellman, Michael Parkhurst, Steve Ralston