Their have been 61 English football champions since the second world war. 32 of these champions where managed by English managers, 24 by Scottish managers, three by a French manager and 2 by a Portuguese manager.
The last English manager was Howard Wilkinson from Sheffield who managed Leeds United to the title in 1991-92.
Six Scottish managers share 24 titles:
- Alex Ferguson 9 titles with Manchester United
- Matt Busby 5 titles with Manchester United
- Kenny Dalglish 3 titles with Liverpool and 1 with Blackburn
- Bill Shankly 3 titles with Liverpool
- George Graham 2 titles with Arsenal
- Dave Mackay 1 title with Derby County
Bob Paisley is the English manager with most title since the war – six.
Two other managers have won the English title three times since the war – Stan Cullis with Wolves and Arsene Wenger with Arsenal.