- U-17 World Cup: Spain 4 Honduras 2. Two goals for Spain by Bojan and Jordi.
- U-17 World Cup: Nigeria 2 France 1 and Japan 3 Haiti 1 in Group D.
- U-17 World Cup: Syria hold Argentina to goalless draw.
- English Premier League: City win Manchester derby 1-0 to keep 100% record and go top of the table.
- Dutch Eredivisie: Ajax open with an 8-1 away win at De Graafschap. 24 year old dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar nets four.
- Dutch Eredivisie: Roy Makaay scores for Feyenoord in his return to Dutch football. Both Feyenoord and PSV win away.
- English Premier League: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1 at Anfield. A second half penalty by Lampard gives a point to Chelsea after Torres early goal. The game had nine yellow cards – five to Chelsea and four to Liverpool.
- English Premier League: Blackburn 1 Arsenal 1 – Van Persie put Arsenal ahead in the 16th minute but Dunn leveled the score in the 72nd minute. Blackburn where reduced to ten men when Nelsen was sent off six minutes from time.
- English Premier League: Manchester City are the only club with a 100% record three matches into the season and lead the table two points above Chelsea.