- Friendly International: England lose 2-1 to Germany at Wembley. Frank Lampard gives England the lead after nine minutes when he shoots high past Lehmann. Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi equalises in 26th minute after that England keeper Robinson misjudges a cross. Germany take the lead five minutes before the break Christian Pander – also Schalke – scores on his debut with a long range shot.
- Friendly International: Republic of Ireland win 4-0 in Denmark thanks to two goals by Tottenham’s Robbie Keane and two by Reading’s Shane Long.
- Friendly International: Norway beat Argentina 2-1. Goals by Aston Villa front man John Carew sink an Argentina team without Tevez and Riquelme.
- Friendly International: Ronaldo scores for Portugal in 1-1 draw in Armenia.
- Friendly International: Wolves striker Freddy Eastwood scores on his debut for Wales in their 1-0 in Bulgaria.
- Friendly International: Italy lose 3-1 in Hungary and Holland lose 2-1 in Switzerland.