- English League One: Leeds are the only team in the English football league with a 100% record after that fellow League One team Leyton Orient only managed a 2-2 draw at home against Northampton. Leeds won 1-0 against Luton at Elland Road thanks to a 44th minute goal by Congolese striker Trésor Osmar Kandol. A crowd of 26,856 saw the League One match.
- English Premier League: Liverpool went top of the table after that they demolished Derby 6-0 at Anfield. Spaniards Alonso and Torres both netted two for the Reds. Alsonso’s first was a 45 yard free kick.
- English Premier League: A last minute goal by Lescott gave Everton a 2-1 win at Bolton. Everton move to second place while Bolton remain in the bottom three.
- English Premier League: A late header by Michael Owen gives Newcastle a 1-0 home win over 10-man Wigan. Owen’s goal was the first Newcastle league goal at St. James Park since 10th February. Newcastle dominated the match winning 9 corners to Wigan’s 1 and a total of 21 shots to Wigan’s seven.
- English Premier League: Further frustration for Tottenham as Kamara grabs a late equaliser for Fulham. The game ended 3-3 after that Tottenham lead 3-1 with a half hour left.
- English Premier League: A goal by Louis Saha in his comeback gives Manchester United a 1-0 win over Roy Keane’s Sunderland at Old Trafford. Saha replaced Brazilian debutant Anderson at half-time. United dominated the match with 64% av possession and 20-4 in shots but again struggled to find the net.
- Italian Serie A: Two goals by Ibrahimovic give Inter 2-0 victory at Empoli.
- English Championship: Coventry retain top spot after they beat Preston 2-1 at Ricoh Arena.