- English League One: Leeds beat Hartlepool 2-0 at Elland Road to retain 100% record. Leeds have now 0 points. Leyton Orient top the table with 13 points after a 1-0 home win over Bournemouth.
- European Championship Qualifier: England beat Israel 3-0 at Wembley. Wright-Phillips opens the scoring with a 20th minute far post volley, Michael Owen adds a second in the 49th minute with a powerful long range effort and Richards heads home the third in the 66th minute.
- European Championship Qualifier: Arsenal striker Eduardo scores both goals in Croatia’s 2-0 win over Estonia. Croatia top group E three points above England.
- European Championship Qualifier: Holland win 2-0 over Bulgaria thanks to goals by Real Madrid duo Van Nistelrooy and Sneijder.
- European Championship Qualifier: Liverpool midfielder Alonso is sent off after 20 minutes in Spain‘s 1-1 draw away against Iceland. Spain are third in their group behind Sweden and Northern Ireland.
- European Championship Qualifier: Stalemate in group B as Italy and France draw 0-0.