- English Premier League: Emmanuel Adebayor nets three as Arsenal romp to 5-0 home win over Derby. Arsenal keep top of the table position.
- English Premier League: Birmingham hold Liverpool 0-0 at Anfield. Liverpool had 19 shots but only four where on target while Birmingham had a total of six shots (two on target).
- English Premier League: Fulham and Manchester City draw 3-3 at Craven Cottage. Manchester City twice came from behind and led 3-2 after 60 minutes but Danny Murphy equalised for Fulham 15 minutes before the end.
- English Championship: Watford and Charlton remain top. Watford draw 1-1 at QPR and Charlton win 2-0 at home to Leicester. Iwelumo and Varney score for the Addicks.
- English League One: Leeds recorded their seventh straight win of the season thanks to second half goals by Beckford and Prutton. Leeds move out of the relegation zone for the first time.
- Englsih football: Top scorers after Saturday’s matches. Premier League – Adebayor (Arsenal) 6 goals. Championship – Beattie (Sheffield Utd) 7 goals. League One – Beckford (Leeds) 6 goals. League Two – Andrews (MK Dons) 6 goals.
- Spanish La Liga: Barcelona win 2-1 over Sevilla. All the goals come in the second half. Messi scores both Barca goals while Kanoute grabs a last minute consolation for Sevilla.