- English Premier League: Manchester Utd go top one point above Arsenal who have played two games less than United. United score all four goals in the second half. Tevez opens the scoring after 54 minute before Ronaldo score two. Rooney finishes the scoring in the 82nd minute.
- English Premier League: Villa beat West Ham 1-0 at Villa Park thanks to a goal by Gardner in the 24th minute. Villa move up to fifth place.
- English Championship: Watford open four point lead at the top of the table after 3-1 win at Scunthorpe. Charlton are held 1-1 at home by Barnsley while West Brom lose 3-2 at Southampton.
- English League One: A late goal by De Vries gives Leeds a 1-0 home win over Yeovil in front of a crowd of 27,808. Leeds now have 28 points from their first ten matches and are in 12th place six points behind leaders Tranmere.
- Italian Serie A: Cruz scores both goals as Inter defeat Napoli 2-1 to top the table.
- Spanish La Liga: Espanyol win 2-1 at third placed Valencia.