Yesterday I took a look at the German team that has qualified from group D. Today the focus in on group E leader’s Croatia. Here’s their team from Saturday’s 1-0 home win over Israel:
- Stipe Pletikosa (Goalkeeper, Spartak Moscow, 28 year old, 63 caps)
- Josip Šimunic (Defender, Hertha Berlin, 29 year old, 56 caps)
- Dario Šimic (Defender, AC Milan, 32 year old, 93 caps)
- Robert Kovac (Defender, Borussia Dortmund, 33 year old, 68 caps)
- Vedran Corluka (Defender, Manchester City, 21 year old, 14 caps)
- Darijo Srna (Midfielder, Shakhtar Donetsk, 25 year old, 50 caps 15 goals)
- Luka Modric (Midfielder, Dinamo Zagreb, 22 year old, 20 caps 3 goals)
- Jerko Leko (Midfielder, Monaco, 22 year old, 49 caps 2 goals)
- Niko Kranjcar (Midfielder, Portsmouth, 23 year old, 36 caps 4 goals)
- Ivica Olic (Forward, Hamburg, 28 year old, 48 caps 8 goals)
- Eduardo da Silva (Forward, Arsenal, 24 year old, 19 caps 13 goals)
The team is a mixture of experienced and younger players. Four of the five defensive players have over 50 caps.
Striker Eduardo da Silva like his German counterpart Kevin Kuranyi was born in Brazil.
The team is coached by Slaven Bilic, the former West Ham og Everton defender.