UEFA have published statistics from the current Euro 2008 qualifying campaign on their website uefa.com. The statistics are updated before tonight’s fixtures.
Here’s some of the highlights:
- Northern Ireland and Fulham’s striker David Healy is the top-scorer so far with 12 goals. Arsenal’s summer signing Eduardo da Silva who represents for Croatia is in second place with 10 goals.
- Franck Ribery – Bayern Munich and France tops the assists list above Andrea Pirlo (Italy and AC Milan).
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal and Manchester Utd.) has had most shots on target (24) and off target (17).
- Craig Bellamy (Wales and West Ham) has been caught offside 22 times.
- Forwards such as Koller (Czech Republic and Monaco), Carew (Norway and Aston Villa) and Mutu (Romania and Fiorentina) have committed most fouls.
- The game with the most shots off target was Faroe Islands 0 Lithuania 1 (22 shots troubled the spectators).
- Lithuania where also involved in the match with the most fouls (51). Their 3-1 defeat in Scotland.
- 327 goals where scored in the first half and 334 in the second half. Only five goals where scored in added time in the first half and 25 in the added time at the end of the second half.
- Spain have had most shots off target (65).
- Germany have had most shots on target (70)
- Spain have won most corners (92). While Macedonia have won only eight.
- Finland have had the most offsides (38) and Faroe Island the least (5).
- Germany have scored the most (31) and San Marino the least (1).
- England have only conceded two goals while San Marino have conceded 50.
- Andorra have received 27 yellow and three red cards while Croatia have received five yellow and 0 red.