- English Premier League: Arsenal remain top of the Premier League and extend their unbeaten run to 9 games by beating Bolton 2-0 at home. Toure and Rosicky scored second half goals to give the Gunners all three points. Arsenal dominated possession 65/35 and had 19 shots against Bolton’s one.
- English Premier League: Manchester City move to second by beating Birmingham 1-0. A goal by Brazilian midfielder Elano in the 37th minute decided the game in City’s favour.
- English Premier League: Two red cards, two penalties and an own goal in the Liverpool derby at Goodison. Two second half penalties by Kuyt – the last one in added time – cancel out Hyypia’s 38th minute own goal.
- English Premier League: Unsettled Drogba score Chelsea‘s first goal in their 2-0 win at Middlesbrough.
- German Bundesliga: Bayern win 2-1 at Bochum to remain unbeaten and six points clear at the top of the table.
- Spanish La Liga: The big two Real and Barca both lose away. Real 2-1 at Espanyol and Barca 3-1 at Villareal.
- Italian Serie A: Adriano gives Inter 1-0 win at Reggina.
- Italian Serie A: Roma vs Napoli ends 4-4.