Arsenal striker Adebayor scored twice in the Gunners 3-1 win at Manchester City. This was City’s first league defeat this season. Arsenal moved two points clear of United and six points above Chelsea. Adebayor has now scored 16 league goals three behind Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
We have to go back to Sunday 16th December to find a round where both players failed to score. Here’s their goals in the eight games they have each played since:
- Adebayor 2 goals away at Manchester City. Ronaldo 0 goals at Tottenham.
- Adebayor 1 goal at home against Newcastle. Ronaldo 2 goals at home against Portsmouth.
- Adebayor 2 goals at Fulham. Ronaldo 1 goal at Reading.
- Adebayor 1 goal at home against Birmingham. Ronaldo 3 goals at home against Newcastle.
- Adebayor 1 goal at home against West Ham. Ronaldo 0 goals at home against Birmingham.
- Adebayor 1 goal away at Everton. Ronaldo 1 goal at West Ham.
- Adebayor 0 goals at Portsmouth. Ronaldo 1 goal at Sunderland.
- Adebayor 1 goal against Tottenham. Ronaldo 2 goals at home against Everton.
- Adebayor 0 goals against Chelsea. Ronaldo 0 goals against Liverpool.
Manchester United where held to a 1-1 draw at Tottenham. Tevez rescued a point with a last minute goal. Anelka gave Chelsea the lead at Portsmouth with his second goal for the Blues after moving from Bolton but Defoe netted for Pompey two days after his mover from Tottenham.